Re: Normal politeness

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:32:28 GMT

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:43:29 GMT, "Mustapha Nuvvercrap" <hashman_at_bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Victoria is the size of England with more people living outside of Melbourne
>than in, you didn't just assume I was based in Melbourne.

Yes I did. And you confirmed it, as I expected. ;-)

>Still, a strange and suspicous thing to do when posting to usenet.
>Why would you go and do something like that ?

Experience and many years on-line have taught me care is needed when someone gets stroppy. You need a few more years under your belt before you can understand "strange and suspicious" and its meaning.

>...and wrongly suspect I am running WinME,
>and why does your I.P. address show up in my firewall logs as several port
>probes?

What firewall? You didn't even know your address was in the headers! Good try, bucko. You're running the same version of OE I do. It's (again) in the headers of your messages. What, it's illegal to look at them? Get real! You're running Windows, either ME or another with IE 5 or 5.5 installed. BTW, I don't port scan. No need to port scan to find out your PC address. Don't even need to touch your system. Am I going too fast for you?

>And why make insulting stereotypical assumptions about someone based on
>their location ?

I give as much as I receive. Two way street, like it or not. You dish it out, you get it back on your face. Next time, be careful who you start the stereotype thing with.

>lol...and then have to explain the humour involved ?

Obviously, you didn't get it first time. Not surprising, given that you're a foreigner.

>Well explain this, why is a Portuguese wedding cake made of shit ? It keeps
>the flys off the bride. OR how did you make your wife pregnant , you came in
>her shoes and the flies did the rest.
><boom boom> NOT ! See how easy it is to insult someone through stereotypes?

Of course. Now you'll claim I brought the family into this in the first place. Excellent. Keep up the good job.

>I wonder what kind of a person you really are and what your motives are.
>Your actions are underhand and poorly justified.

Who I am is out in the open for anyone with half a brain to see. You're the one hiding behind fake names and addresses. Why? I think it's obvious to everyone by now...

>And then you have the cheek to call me ignorant ? Ignorance on your part in
>your violation of the acceptable use policy (2.1g) of your/our ISP.

Prove the violation and complain about it to the appropriate channels.

Be my guest. Careful, I have a complete record of this entire thread AND its sequence. One good thing about Telstra is they chase up the whole thing, not just one message.

>Now go away.

Sure, Bwana. Dream on.

Cheers
Nuno Souto