Re: Recommended oracle server version for NT

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:52:17 GMT

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:30:40 +1100, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:

>On the whole, though, I'd still stick with 8.1.6.3 until 8.1.7 gets to a
>similar patch level.

Aye! That's scary stuff. I've been using 8.0.6 in HP/Solaris and 8.1.6 in Sequent and they're reasonably solid, but I've been thinking of going 8.1.7. Now I'll hold! Darn, I wish ORACLE would concentrate on giving us ONE single version of 8i and stop all this rigmarole. It's getting boring.

I just laugh when I see the ads out there for "people with 2 years experience of 8i". Yeah, but which 8i? Bah!

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Tue Mar 13 2001 - 06:52:17 CST