Re: Is it possible to create a System tablespace with Local managed extent?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:08:57 GMT

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:54:18 -0800, "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

>Leaving aside the personal insults and ill-humor for a moment ... I know
>I too am occasionally guilty of having a short-temper or writing things
>in jest and not having them taken that way ... I wish to acknowledge
>that I made a mistake.

Same here. No offence taken, I hope.

> Locally managed system tablespaces are simply not yet possible.

Akshally, given the create tablespace command for SYSTEM is in the sql.bsq file, it would be possible to modify it and create said tablespace type anyway. Now, it's quite possible that would break other things inside ORACLE. If you feel lucky or have time in your hands, go for it. I for one would be interested in trying this out. Unfortunately, I don't have an 8.1.7 instance anywhere to try that with.

Note that I've reduced the x-posting of this message: this is for internal consumption of this group only, if you are listening to it.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Tue Mar 13 2001 - 04:08:57 CST