Re: Win2000 question

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:55:18 +0100

If the price of Solaris is painful how then do you pay the Oracle license? I found it much more painful than any hardware. Example: I asked a sales rep here in Germany and he told me that a single processor Pentium II 400 MHz with Enterprise Edition and Spatial Option for Linux costs about 15 K$ for Internet access! This is a really weak system! For a dual 50-MHz Solaris box the price would have been 7.5 K$.

Martin