OEM - Oracle Data Gatherer Error

From: Dan <dan1999a_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:07:33 GMT

Can someone assist with this error message?

When I click on Capacity Planner I get this message: VTD-0123: Error connecting to service AMG. VTD-0076: Unable to communicate with Data Gatherer for service AMG. Not connected to Data Gatherer

I am trying to use the data gatherer on the system where the database is located at.
When I perform dbsnmp_status on the server, I get a message back stating that “the db subagent is already running” When I perform vppcntl –ping on the server, I get a message back stating that “The oracle data gatherer is running”

The Oracle Enterprise Manager Management Server is OEM 2.2 and console are both on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation Service Pack 5. The OEM repository is on Oracle EE 8.1.7.0.0 The database I am trying use capacity planner is on HP-UX 10.20 and the database is on Oracle EE 8.0.6.0.0. The intelligent agent and Oracle data gatherer are from EE 8.0.6

The following entry is from $ORACLE_HOME/odg/log/alert_dg.log

ODG-05776: Error: failed waiting for client
ODG-05019: Error: failed to bind socket
ODG-05083: Error: failed to allocate listening port/socket
ODG-05773: Error: failed to initialize state information during startup
ODG-05097: Error: failed to destroy DG mutex
ODG-05776: Error: failed waiting for client
ODG-05776: Error: failed waiting for client
ODG-05019: Error: failed to bind socket
ODG-05083: Error: failed to allocate listening port/socket
ODG-05773: Error: failed to initialize state information during startup
ODG-05776: Error: failed waiting for client
ODG-05776: Error: failed waiting for client

Performing vppdc –d output.log 2>error.log provided the following entry in error.log:

DBG: *** Starting Data Gatherer Version-8060 ***

DBG: set RLIMIT_NOFILE to 512 (of max = 1024)
DBG: there are 2 lines in bbfile
DBG: Host system language is AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII
DBG: Host system language is AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII
DBG: Host system language is AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII
DBG: ODG-05019: Error: failed to bind socket
DBG: ODG-05083: Error: failed to allocate listening port/socket
DBG: ODG-05773: Error: failed to initialize state information during startup

Any help would be appreciated Received on Tue Mar 13 2001 - 01:07:33 CST