backup procedure from newbie

From: Alan Kan <alankan_at_edsamail.com.ph>
Date: 13 Mar 2001 09:37:33 +0800

hi,

we're running our test database in archive log mode, weekly we do our cold backup and full database export.
my question is it safe to issue 'ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS' every after cold backup even without recovery is done?
i read that resetlogs reinitializes the control files too.

also do we need to include in our backup scripts the archive log files too?

many thanks and support for new technologist.

alan kan Received on Mon Mar 12 2001 - 19:37:33 CST