Re: java newbie - diff between loadjoava and create java

From: Dave Haas <davidh_at_--nospam--hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 04:36:36 GMT

Hi Doug.

You use "create java ..." when you want the use built-in complier inside the 8i kernel. You use the commandline tool "loadjava ..." when you already have a compiled class file and you want to simply load it into the database and have all dependencies (all classes your new class references) resolved.

So, in the case of "create java ...", you would log into SQL+ (or similar tool) and type in the class definition at the SQL+ prompt. When you were done, Oracle would compile it.

But, in the case of "loadjava ...", you have already compiled your class (or classes) via something like Sun's javac compiler.

HTH, Dave Haas