Re: problem with upgrade oracle815 to oracle 816

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 07:49:05 +0100

"Nuno Souto" <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam> wrote in message news:3aab793c.1330509_at_news-server...
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 02:01:54 -0500, Doug C <dcowles_at_i84.net> wrote:
>
> >It's called odma if you need to run it separately. I prefer the manual
> >instructions myself.
> >snip

 snip

> >>In a normal install there should be a group called Oracle Migration
> >>Utilities. This group has one entry for the Oracle data migration
 assistant.
> >>If you can't find it you'd better run the installer to verify whether
 you
> >>actually installed it, it should be on any cd or zip file.
> >>

> Xcuse me, gents, but we need a migration tool to upgrade from 8.1.5 to
> 8.1.6? What sort of a joke is that?
>
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
> http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html

Evidently, that's for people which grew up in the GUI-era, which of course for us older people doesn't add any really useful functionality, but will provide extra headaches. However, I've seen Oracle bashed for it's clumsy interface, without 'nice icons'.
It looks like the GUI-dudes are taking over Oracle just as they dominate Microsoft.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon Mar 12 2001 - 00:49:05 CST