Re: Connect internal

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2001 08:34:16 -0800

If you are part of the DBA group on the operating system, the you can connect as internal without a password. Since the O/S has already authenticated you, the password can be ignored. Whether this is a good idea is open to debate.

To force connects as internal using a password, have the system administrator remove the DBA group.

Also, the connect internal syntax will be desupported in 9i. It is will be replaced with "connect / as sysdba".

                                         Rick

"fogun" <nospam_at_spam.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone explain to me why I can issue an connect internal command at
> SQL>? and it connects to the database without using a password. If I issue
> the same command connect internal/password, gives the same result.
>
> How can I protect connect internal.

                                Thanks,
                                Rick
                                Rick Wessman
                                Server Security Group
                                Oracle Corporation
                                rwessman_at_us.oracle.com

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.