Re: Connect internal

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:28:30 +0100

"Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote in message news:5Azq6.1412$FQ3.131727_at_monger.newsread.com...
> connect sys as sysdba then change the sys password
>

> "fogun" <nospam_at_spam.net> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Can anyone explain to me why I can issue an connect internal command at
> > SQL>? and it connects to the database without using a password. If I
 issue
> > the same command connect internal/password, gives the same result.
> >
> > How can I protect connect internal.

Sorry to say so, but this answer is incorrect. As he is capable of using connect internal without password he uses OS authentication. So changing the password wouldn't make any difference. Of course this works on the server only. On NT you could try to remove the ORA_DBA local group. On Unix implementations of Oracle you can't disable this at all, and why should you, as you are already connected to the server as a privileged user.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sun Mar 11 2001 - 05:28:30 CST