Re: problem with upgrade oracle815 to oracle 816

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:35:36 +0100

<dominica_at_secondhat.com> wrote in message news:98c5te$snm$1_at_secondhat.secondhat.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I have a DUMB question,
> sorry about this.
>
> I am trying to upgrade Oracle 8.1.5 to Oracle 8.1.6.
>
> I know I could create a NEW DATABASE in oracle 8.1.6 and
> export the oracle8.1.5 database and import back in Oracle 8.1.6.
>
> But I read the oracle "migration guide.pdf" it keep SAYING
> use the "migration tool" ,but where is the MIGRATION tool.
>
> I just install a new Oracle 8.1.6 and I try to
> bring up the installer and could not see the MIGRATION TOOL at all.
>
> DO I need to go to Oracle site to download something first???
>
> Please HELP, (urgent)
>
> please email me back directly to
>
> dominica_at_secondhat.com
>
> Thanks a lot,

In a normal install there should be a group called Oracle Migration Utilities. This group has one entry for the Oracle data migration assistant. If you can't find it you'd better run the installer to verify whether you actually installed it, it should be on any cd or zip file.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA