Re: Extrem slow on Solaris 8

From: «ó¤S°¾¤SÄF <mcc95_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Mar 2001 04:44:54 -0800

Actuarry, I have similiar test ORACLE DB on Win2000, LINUX and SUN. The equipment I use also very similiar to you. SUn E450 (400Mhz CPU, solaris 7) and "out-of-BOX" PC (450Mhz, one IDE HD )for LINUX and Win2000.
I found the result is, on FULL database import/export WIN2000 > LINUX > SUN. Win2000 I/O is the fastest.
One thing you must remeber, when you doing import/export, your computer pretty much only one user. If you have 100 current users the story is differtent. SUN > LINUX> Win2000. The ONLY thing SUN can win WIN2000 is scability.

In article <lhbsrbgqcc.fsf_at_leeloo.intern.contentmedia.de>, Marc says...