Extrem slow on Solaris 8

From: Marc Recht <recht_at_contentmedia.de>
Date: 09 Mar 2001 11:59:47 +0100

Our 8.1.7 database running on Solaris 8 is EXTREM slow compared to a 8.1.7 running on Linux (Mandrake Corporate 1.0.1). It's at least 10x slower than the Linux database. The Sun is a E450 with four CPUs an one GB of RAM with four SCSI disks on two controllers and the database and the database files are on differnt disks on different controllers. The Linux PC is a "out-of-the-box" $1000 PC. With a PIII-700, 256MB and one IDE (!) disk. The data in both database ist the same (import/export) and the database is running with the default settings. Therefore, it can't be that the Linux PC is 10x faster the Sun. Is this a known problem or am I making something completely wrong... ?

Marc

--
contentmedia AG

www.contentmedia.de