Recommended oracle server version for NT

From: Shaul Ben-Yossef <sbenyo_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 02:19:45 +0200

Hi all,

I want to upgrade my 8.0.5 database to 8i on NT, and I have to decide to which 8i version to upgrade to.

My choice is between 8.1.6 release 2 and 8.1.7. I've tested the 8.1.6 for some time found it to be a good and stable version.
I also know that this version has been used for quite a time in big projects a fact that assures my tests.

As for version 8.1.7, I don't know of projects using this version, and I don't have enough time to test it as I did to the 8.1.6.

Also I don't know if this version has been used for enough time to prove it is a stable version.

On the other hand the 8.1.7 has some bug fixed and new features that will not be applied to the 8.1.6 version.

I will appreciate any experience advice / recommedations or tips for choosing between either of these version for NT.

Thanks,

    Shaul Received on Fri Mar 09 2001 - 18:19:45 CST