Re: COM+ / IIS / and Oracle 8i on Win2k

From: Roger Larsen <roger_at_arctura.no>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:18:57 +0100

> > As a side remark :
> > Our Oracle systems are *much* faster than our old SQL 6.5 Systems,
> > especially on updates.
>
> SQL7 is much more faster than SQL 6.5
> SQL8 is faster than SQL7
>
> SQL8 tpc's are faster and cheaper than oracle tpc's

I dont think there is a doubt that sql server 2000 has the best database technology when it comes to performance. Oracle, Sybase and Informix both suffers from the old system 7 design.

The benchmarks show though, that with very large databases, DB2 is still the king.

> > And when NT shows a blue screen (which is quite
> > common with VB and COM+)
>
> i managed some bigger projects with MTS and COM+ and VB - i have never
 seen
> a blue screen

But I have seen them on Oracle on NT :)

> > , recovering to where you were is a piece of
> > cake with Oracle, instead of some of the disastrous experiences we
> > suffered with MS SQL 6.5.
>
> don't use sql 6.5 anymore

Sql server 6.5 is built upon sybase 10.x

Roger Larsen
www.arctura.no Received on Fri Mar 09 2001 - 02:18:57 CST