Re: ora-12505

From: Kenneth Koenraadt <plovmand_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 18:43:47 GMT

Hi Andreas,

The error code has the following text :

2505, 00000, "TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor"
/ *Cause: The SID in the CONNECT_DATA was not found in the listener's tables.
/ *Action: Check to make sure that the SID specified is correct. / The SIDs that are currently registered with the listener can be obtained by
/ typing "LSNRCTL SERVICES <listener name>". These SIDs correspond to SID_NAMEs

/ in TNSNAMES.ORA, or db_names in INIT.ORA.
/ *Comment: This error will be returned if the database instance has not
/ registered with the listener; the instance may need to be started.

This suggest that you have not configured the Networ listener for your database correctly.