Re: uninstal developer6

From: Kristien <kriske_at_dds.nl>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:10:40 +0100

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:rnraat4flslfab7qqfk9j0cicfpdqm0a7g_at_4ax.com...
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 18:54:43 +0100, "Kristien" <kriske_at_dds.nl> wrote:
>
> >Hi there
> >
> >First I have to say that I am a computer science student and that I use
> >oracle for school...
> >
> >I installed developer 6 on my computer and then I accendentially
 installed
> >oracle8i.
> >I came to the conclusion, that I had to instal oracle8 and developer 6 or
> >oracle 8i and developer6i...
> >
> >Now, my configuration (developer 6 - oracle8i) doesn't work good.
> >
> >How can i uninstal developer 6 from my computer ? The installer from
 oracle
> >can't remove it...
> >Can anybody help me ?
> >
> >What's the best solution to my problem ????
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Greetz
> >kristien
>
> What is the exact error message you are getting from the installer? a
> GPF? This means you are in 2001 still working with a non-Y2k
> compatible installer. This problem was addressed in Jan 2000, and
> there still should be a patch available on Metalink.
> As developer 6 has numerous registry keys, uninstalling the rude way
> is probably not going to work, or you should deinstall all of Oracle
> the rude way. As you don't mention your platform, I can't outline
> *exactly* what the rude way is supposed to be.
> Usually it involves
> - remove Oracle related services with oradim -delete -service
> <servicename> (NT only)
> - remove all files in %ORACLE_HOME%
> - remove hklm\software\oracle in the registry.

I don't get an error ! You just can't select it to delete it with the installer !

I now have the cdrom for oracle 8.0.5 here and developer 6. But oracle 8i and the
developer 6 is still on my computer !

So can you tell me more about the rude way to delete oracle ???? (in detail please if possible)

I want to delete everything from oracle and start all over for the installation...
I use win2000 prof.

Thanks

greetz
kristien