Exporting and importing statistics

From: <u811614990_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 08:54:15 GMT

Hi,
Does anyone out there have experience of being able to move table and index statistics from one Oracle database to another?

I used the DBMS_STATS routines to create a table for the statistics, exported them using EXPORT_SCHEMA_STATS , then exported that table, imported into the target database under a different user name but with the same schema and then ran the import procedure, IMPORT_SCHEMA_STATS.

All appeared to work OK, but I cannot see the result of importing the statistics, I was expecting to see columns like num_rows filled out in user_tables and dba_tables. At no point did I get an error from IMPORT_SCHEMA_STATS. Any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks

Pete

[END]

--
Sent by  peter.hitchman from derwent part from co within area uk