Re: Is it possible to create a System tablespace with Local managed extent?

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:50:55 -0000

On this note (sort of), I'm trying some experiments just now on a test machine with locally managed tablespaces.

I've got them all - except system, obv. - set to either autoallocate or uniform extent as appropriate, but when I tried to create rollback segments, it said I couldn't create them in my rbs tablespace... I take it - given sizing of rbs and initial/next/optimum clauses in rbs segment creation - that rbs can't be in locally managed tablespace?

In the O8 chapter that explains the concepts of lmt's, this isn't mentioned - though my 'explanation' seems logical enough.

(ps. I haven't posted this to all the ng's in case you're wondering..)