Re: Finding owner of a temporary segment

From: kyle hailey <oraperf_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 03:38:20 -0800

There are no clear simple ways to do this on v7.

Probably the quickest and surest way is to do a a 'systemstate dump level 2' with oradbx on unix platforms.

There is also a cool sql query, see

http://www.geocities.com/oraperf/tempseg/index.html

but this query depends on platform specific stuff like byte swapping and word length. Be sure they are set correctly in the plsql code before running it. An example of running it is in the header of the sql script as well as on the web page.

Best
Kyle Hailey

PS The pro*C links on the above page are intentionally inaccessible.