VNI-2015 "authentication error"

From: John Roberts <namaste3_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 23:58:16 GMT

 Hello all

I'm getting a VNI-2015 "authentication error" when attempting to run a backup job from OEM. I've reviewed the OEM config guide but I still can't get this job to run. Do I have to promote my server to a PDC to get Intelligent Agen to run local jobs?!
Situation: Oracle 8i on NT Server. I'm running both the management server service and the intelligent agent services locally. My server is a member server (non PDC/BDC) in an NT Domain.

 What I've done:

Created a new *local* NT user named "backup"

Added the user to the Admin group

Under "Policies -> Advanced User Rights" granted the user "logon as a batch job"

Log out and log back in as "backup" user

Launch OEM console.

Set Preferred Credentials for the node and database to a SYSDBA user account.

Under the Navigato pane Right Click on my node, select Backup Managment -> Backup.

Select a pre-defined backup strategy.

Select Finish

The job fails with VNI-2015.

Anyone work through this one? Just take offline backups?

Thanks in Advance.