Re: Win2000 question

From: Giorgio Sorbara <NoSp_at_m>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:49:57 +0100

Hi there...

yes i do have installed a production database on a Win2k OS. IMHO it runs pretty well... well you can't compare to Solaris but it's not that bad at all.
I have not any problem reported so far...the machine was installed in october 2000 and believe me or not didn't have any downtime yet but for a UPS that didn't work after a power outage.
However I strongly suggest you to use server hardware... (Scsi/Raid).

If you want a cheap solution and you don't want to spend money for Solaris... the other choice is obvious ;)

Giorgio