Anyone having Intelligent Agent on OpenVMS cluster?

From: Syltrem <syltrem_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:00:19 -0500

I am trying to run the agent on OVMS 7.2-1. Agent 8051 has a bug in it, creates a bunch of ORASRV_*.TRC files (thousands of them).
I started the agent 8.1.6. Looks better but now the SERVICES.ORA is empty. I already did the discovery on the OEM console when I started Agent 8051 so I am ok, but if I wanted to do it again with the new version of agent running, it would find nothing I believe.

Another thing, I have one installed base on this cluster, so ORA_ROOT is the same on all the nodes on this cluster. I have databases running on 2 nodes, but can only start one agent because when I start it on the 2nd node it crashes because there are opened files (SNMP_RW.ORA for instance). Do I have to install Oracle in a different code tree for every machine (which is againts the "laws" of clustering) to make everything work?

If someone did that before, which route did you follow?

Another note: I DO NOT have parallel server. I keep one TNS listener running on every node, listening for connect requests for databases sitting on nodes A and B.
The TNSNAMES.ORA is configured so that the first node listed is the one where the database is started. If this one does not answer the listener will then try the 2nd address. That will only happen if the 1st node crashes because I will then start all db's usually running on this node, onto the other node that is still alive (I normally share the load on the 2 systems, but if one crashes then all goes to the remaining one).

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = A)(PORT = 1526))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = B)(PORT = 1521))
I know it works, but is that supported by the agent?

Thanks!

--

Sytrem
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem