Need help with Oracle for Netware - Multiple Instances on the same box

From: Per Pettersson <info_at_ppss.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:49:54 +0100

I want to consolidate two different databases, now running on two machines, I want to run them on one server.

I think it has to go some thing like this:

   svrmgr
   set instance s:sid1
   connect internal
   startup pfile=...pfile1
   disconnect
   set instance s:sid2
   connect internal
   startup pfile=...pfile2
   disconnect

but wich (not data) files has to be the same, wich parameters (ifile?) has to be the same and how to cofigure the listener? I dont think I need two listeners, is that correct?

by the way... is there a smooth way to change the database name (both are named oracle...)? and tell me, to change the sid on an instance, is it all in the init.ora?

Thanks in advance,

Per Pettersson Received on Tue Mar 06 2001 - 14:49:54 CST