Re: 8.1.7 + Designer 6.0 --> A bug ?

From: James Higgins <jhiggins_at_conway-ward.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 16:03:44 GMT

The same exact thing happened to me when i upgraded from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7 except i was trying to install desiner 6.0. The install would quit in the excact same place and the server would max cpu every time no matter how i tweaked(according to install guide) the db Luckuly these were not production db's so i had the luxury of wiping everthing out and reinstalling 8.1.6 . After i did his (and using install guide) 6.0 and 6i install worked fine (2 different instances).

    Maybe 8.1.6 to 8.1.7 upgrade bug??
S.Bakker might have something there though in his reply as my experince is more in development.