Lock waits even though nothing in v$session.lockwait ... ?

From: Andy Kent <andykent.bristol.DontSpamMe_at_virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:21:55 -0000

How do you tidy up after a system has become beset with lock waits and 'out of DML locks' errors?

This afternoon our processes all remained resolutely frozen and the locks remained on even after the session that caused all the locks to back up behind it had been killed. The strangest thing was that all the processes just sat there even though there was not one single non-null value in v$session.lockwait.

I thought I knew my way around the Oracle server pretty well but I must admit I became very confused about how I should be approaching the problem, and I couldn't find anything of help in the HTML manuals.

Can someone offer me some pointers please?

And why was I getting 'out of DML locks' errors at 630 locks even though our total configured number is in the 10000's?

--
-Andy Kent-

Bristol, England

Remove '.DontSpamMe' from return address to respond. Received on Mon Mar 05 2001 - 17:21:55 CST