Goodbye to all that

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:20:02 +1100

Just thought I'd let anyone who's interested know....

As of April 6th, I cease to work for Oracle and instead begin employment with (gulp!) Informix.

I'm looking forward to it, actually. Informix has competent products, even if not in the Oracle league, and I shall enjoy getting to grips with it.

I dare say that few will be aware of my passing from the Oracle world, and fewer will care. But I shall miss this newsgroup, and its assorted characters. I've found it an invaluable resource for learning to deal with real-world problems, and consequently it has undoubtedly enriched my training courses.

Last time I checked Deja.com, before it was so rudely bought out, I'd submitted around 3000 replies to posts, which if nothing else indicates a pretty sad sort of existence! Some have been kind enough to mail me their appreciation for answers given. One or two have seen fit to flood my in-box with abuse. I guess I may have asked for it from time to time! Whatever: I've learnt from all of you, and hopefully become a better trainer as a result of my experiences here.

Having frequently given advice that those coming to Oracle from, say, SQL Server should clear their minds of SQL Server preconceptions, it behoves me to begin clearing my mind of Oracle preconceptions. Accordingly, I give myself a week to wind out of existing threads, and thereafter to refrain from posting altogether. My apologies to those who may want further support.

With warm regards to you all,
HJR Received on Mon Mar 05 2001 - 05:20:02 CST