Re: How to upgrade 8.0.5 to 8.1.7 EE on Windows NT?

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 12:03:01 +0800

On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 10:34:36 +0100, Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 16:57:39 +0800, Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Dear all,
>>
>>I have downloaded 8.1.7 EE for Windows NT/2K from OTN, but the
>>document (especially the Migration Guide) seems to be on a separate
>>disk. I wonder how to upgrade Oracle 8.0.5 with its databases to
>>Oracle 8.1.7, I need a decriptive procedure to do it, and I don't need
>>to keep the 8.0.5. Thanks in advanc.e
>>
>>Regards,
>>Dino
>

>*All* Manuals are online at http://technet.oracle.com
>I also downloaded Oracle from OTN and in my case I definitely do have
>the migration document.
>Evidently, abstracting the migration procedure (which is of course *an
>upgrade only*) is beyond the scope of this newsgroup.
>
>Hth,
>
>Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Sybrand,

I am sorry if did go off-scope of this news group. However, are you really sure that OTN have all manuals? I've just had Migration Guide sent to me from Oracle support people, they told me we can only find a limited set of instructions at OTN, not all manuals. The reason I need the Guide is that I realized later that the migration process is not what we can 'plug and play', but we have to manually do something about the parameters and configurations. Without the Guide, it is very unlikely that we can make it.

Regards,
Dino Received on Mon Mar 05 2001 - 22:03:01 CST