Reorging a database

From: Kirt Thomas <kremovethisspamthingthomas_at_gfsiinc.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 09:54:58 -0600

I have a db with very few tablespaces (7), and a mininimal number of user tables (300) - the db is prettly small (2gb). I inheritied this db, it's at v8.0.5.1 on an AIX box. Now the goomba that created this created everything with a pctincrease of 50!!! (and maxextents of 249, doh). I'd like to fix all this _without_ exporting the entire db. So, before I take any rash steps :) I thought I'd ask around here to get any opinions on the bestest and easiest way to fix this. All things being equal, access to the is db is no more than 8 concurrent users and a nightly batch process - I don't have any performance issues at this time, but I hate the messiness of it all :) I am going to upgrade this db to 8.0.6 so that it will work with the latest RMAN, but it cannot be upgraded to 8i. Thanks :) Received on Sat Mar 03 2001 - 09:54:58 CST