Help with env. variables under Linux please !

From: vrw <linux4me2000_at_netscape.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 15:09:26 +0000

Hi all,
The subject about says it: how can I set environmant variables under Linux to get 8.1.7 running ? The files I have used are .bashrc in my user home directory, and /usr/local/bin/oraenv.
I have set ORACLE_HOME to the necessary dir in /usr/local/bin/oraenv, where I have specified three things:
setenv ORACLE_HOME=blablabla
setenv ORACLE_SID=blablabla
setenv NLS_SORT ENGLISH
I have the following in .bashrc:
export ORACLE_HOME=blablabla
export NLS_TERRITORY="US"
Despite these entries, I still cannot get SQL Plus running; when I log in as either scott/tiger or sys/change_on_install, SQL tells me: "ORA-07217: sltln: environment variable cannot be evaluated" Could someone tell me where I have to set what to get this running ? Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

Volkmar Received on Sat Mar 03 2001 - 09:09:26 CST