Re: Disk Space Transaction wait event

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 15:12:39 -0000

This actually looks like you've hit some sort of problem. There is only ever supposed to be one ST lock in the system, but your report appears to say that both sessions 10 and 16 are holding it. The report also claims that 10 is both holding and waiting.

Then the dump from v$session_wait confirms that 10 and 16 are indeed both waiting for the ST enqueue in mode 6 -

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases
Publishers:  Addison-Wesley

Reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html