Re: INSERTING a BLOB through a VIEW --- problem

From: RHC <rclarence_at_juno.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 18:30:06 -0000

Unfortunately you cannot access large objects in a trigger. What you can do is call a stored procedure in an after insert trigger and insert the Blob, provided the Blob is 32k or less. If the Blob is greater than 32k than you can use a java stored procedure if you are using 8i. In versions previous to 8i it gets trickier but I believe you can acomplish essentially the same thing via an external procedure call.

HTH
RHC Tony wrote:

> I try to Insert a record with a BLOB (image) through a VIEW with an
 INSTEAD