Steps and cost to transfer Access database to Oracle?

From: Sk8er <Sk8er.not_at_here.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:08:25 -0700

My friend who is a dentist wants to move his database (with a clientele of approximately 300-500 patients) from Access to Oracle. What I would like to know is:
1) What would be the steps I'd take to do the above and to make sure he could manage the database when I was finished and gone? 2) What would be the approximate cost to the doctor (materials + time) to do the above (assuming he hired an anonymous DBA)? 3) And lastly, how much time would this migration take an experienced DBA (which I currently am not )? Received on Fri Mar 02 2001 - 12:08:25 CST