Altering system tablespace or system cluster

From: Christian Olivares <mutrax_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:19:02 -0500

Hi,

I have this 8.1.6 test database on my WinNT workstation. I activated the audit system in order to do some security research and after a couple of days the SYSTEM tablespace went from 500MB to 4.5GB. I stopped the audit and cleaned the AUD$ table but I still can't squeeze back the TS size to it's original 500MB.

The problem is caused by a single extent that belongs to the cluster C_TS#. Extent 3 of this cluster is located in segment 33433 and extent 4 is in segment 570993. With 8k segments, that means that I have a gap of 4.3GB of unused space.

I can't drop the cluster nor alter it since it's a system component.

Other than doing a full export and reinstalling the database, Is there any other way to reduce the TS size ?

Thanks in advance !!

Christian Olivares
Québec. Received on Thu Mar 01 2001 - 13:19:02 CST