Use TOAD rebulid or perform table truncate & import?

From: Glen A. Sromquist <stromqgl_at_alpac.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 19:53:53 GMT

I have 4 table(s) in a database that are showing a high number of chained rows, should I :

-open the database in mount mode, export the table(s), truncate the table &
import the data back in
or
-open the database in mount mode, use the TOAD rebuild table utility to
build the script, and run the script?

The latter seems like a lot simpler/faster process, but are there any potential pitfalls?

What is the best method to determine the optimal PCTFREE for these tables to prevent this in the future?

thanks in advance Received on Thu Mar 01 2001 - 13:53:53 CST