Re: Can't connect internal

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 07:04:09 +1100

A couple of things ...

Does your sqlnet.ora mention authentication by NTS? If so, change that 'NTS' entry to 'NONE'

Why are you trying to connect internal? Internal is an old Oracle7 shortcut way of typing the correct connect string, which is "connect sys/oracle as sysdba". It works as a shortcut in Oracle 8i. It will cease to work in Oracle 9i. So all tools, scripts and anything else you develop that depends on 'connect internal' will suddenly cease working when you upgrade. <dismounts soapbox> ;-)

Regards