Oracle 8.0.6 help on windows 2000

From: Jose Torres <jogee_at_cyberjunkie.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 12:11:06 -0800

Hi,
I hope I posted this question in the correct newsgroup. I am very new to Oracle and I'm in the process in learning how administer Oracle. Anyway I keep getting this error message in my event manager logs when I try to start the listener.

The OracleTNSListener80 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.

... and returns an event id of 7031. Why is this happening? Help! Thanks!

Jose Received on Thu Mar 01 2001 - 14:11:06 CST