Re: Re: Sequence Number Re-use is it possible, what is the standard

From: <u28656005_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 14:59:42 GMT

Thanks for the response.

We are already using NOCache. I think we are just wondering if anyone has put the unused numbers into another table so the front-end can get it from there or the sequence number to not have big gaps.

I also added functionality on the front-end to show a screen to ask them to save, if they haven't already, so it won't skip as much. I know that will help tremendously.

However, when we get to some of our more complex systems, like our purcahsing system, it might need a more elegant solution.

Thank you everyone who has replied so far.

Mark

--
Spam protected message from:
Sent  by mspritzler  from sasco within field com