NONE

From: ron <hijdra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:50:44 GMT

Hi,

We're looking for a solution to have our main database replicated (OLTP/hybrid, 500+ users, 4Gb redo logs/day, size 150Gb+) for reporting and running batches, not for backup. It needs to be refreshed 4-6 times a day so we are thinking of SharePlex. (Cloning using split mirrors or using products like HP Business Copy are no solutions because they only work on the same storage).

I found some success stories from hardware companies and software resellers but none from real life. Does anyone have experience with SharePlex in real life. I'm specially interested in the version used and the amount of data replicated and if it needs maintenance or so by a DBA.

Thanks in advance,

Ron Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 08:50:44 CST