Million row query question

From: Martian <martian_at_visi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:58:14 -0600

I'm trying to speed up an archiving query. Step #1 I build a key table
Step #2 join the key table with production table and insert into the archive table.
Step #3 Delete from the production table.

I'm 100% sure the indexes are in place! What else is going on here should a increase sort area size? It's running on NT 4 550 Xeon processors, with 2 GB of RAM. 1.5 GB of RAM is free, and the query is currently only running on 1 processor, I could maybe use two, but where would I give it the hint?

Thanks in advance! Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 09:58:14 CST