Re: Zeroising v$ views

From: Yong Huang <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:30:19 -0600

There's no way to reset whatever is in v$ views except by bouncing the server. Why do you want to do this?

Change to indexes and analysis of the tables involved in a SQL statement invalidate the SQL statement and so it needs a soft parse. The cursor body is recreated but the cursor head is the same. Check pp276-280 of James Morle's Scaling Oracle 8i.

You don't need to do anything. Oracle parses SQL by itself.

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com