Re: create user/role with read only access?

From: Terry Dykstra <dontreply_tdykstra_at_cfol.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:20:43 GMT

give him connect & create session privilege. Then (directly or through a default role) grant him select on the application tables. No need to grant 'select any table'. As the application owner, just do:

select 'grant select on ' || table_name || ' to theuser;' from user_tables

spool this to a file and you have a quick way of granting the user select privileges on all tables.

--
Terry Dykstra
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.