oracle 8i + Linux + Clustering

From: Andreas Moroder <amoroder_at_se-nord.[nospam>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:00:55 +0100

Hello,

we have many oracle installations on Linux. Now we wold like to build a cluster with oracle 8i and linux.

It should not be a real cluster with common disk but I want to have two machines with two oracle instances that replicate from one machine to the other.

I would like to use linux-ha hartbeat, but as I can see in the documentation, that oracle support is only planned.

I would like to contribute to this project so I would like to know if there is any documentation about a clustering API in Oracle8.

How can I tell Oracle who it should send a message ( trap ) if there is anything thats going wrong and that the isntance is stoppng ? Don't tell me DBNSMP, because if I have the cluster application, DBNSMP and the instance I have only layer too much.

I know my Ideas seem not too clear, but I will go more in detail if anyone reponds.

Best regards

Andreas Moroder

P.S. Please if possible answer via e-mail Received on Mon Feb 26 2001 - 10:00:55 CST