Re: Oracle 7 - Help!

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 04:02:32 GMT

Ralph Gibson wrote:

> I'm trying to revive a old Oracle 7.2 database
> and would appreciate any help.
> At database startup I get the message:
> "file 1 failed verifcation: /db1/db1.dbf"
> Followed by the message:
> "file is newer than control file."
>
> Now, there are 7 "datafiles" associated
> with the database and two control files.
> One control file's date matches the 6
> datafile dates. The other control file's
> date matches the "errant" datafile.
>
> It seems that I need to resynch and
> I'm not sure how to do that. Please help!?
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Ralph Gibson III

Try to create controlfile. I see at as the only possible solution. Look up command
create controlfile. If it doesn't work, your database is lost, sorry. I mean, if db1.dbf doesn't belong to
SYSTEM tablespace, you can drop this file and pray, but it looks like the datafile backup was taken
after controlfile backup. Received on Mon Feb 26 2001 - 22:02:32 CST