Re: Help me on CLOB, XML and "&" character

From: Jeffrey Boulier <jeffreyb_at_gwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 05:35:15 GMT

In article <20010225.172332.19894.458_at_theglobe.com>, Ronggolawe <radenjava_at_theglobe.com> wrote:
>I supposed to have like \` isnt it ?
>But I don't know how I'm going to change the XML data, I have 600MB of
>xml data that I need to put in database.

600MB is not an exceptionally large amount of data. Any kind of modern Unix box should be able to hammer through it pretty quickly.

To get you started:

sed s/\'/\'\'/g MYXMLFILE > MYXMLFILE.fixed

will convert all instances of your 's into ''s, and if this succeeds, will overwrite the original.

>Btw do you have any link for more information instead technet.oracle.com ?

There's also a 'doc' CD that probably will be in your distribution release of Oracle. This is presumably orderable from store.oracle.com. If you have a service contract with Oracle, you can use Metalink.oracle.com. Technet is pretty good, though.

		Yours Truly,
		Jeffrey Boulier
--
Community Source & Support