How to export Oracle data to Non-Oracle db?

From: PasirRis <jackling_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 14:34:46 +0800

ver: 8.1.7 Std edition (on Solaris 8)

I'm a newbie in Oracle. And at first glance, it appears to me that there are limited ways to export data from other databases (like Sybase, SQL server etc.)

To import into oracle, SQL*Loader can read some delimited text files and put to oracle db.

But I fail to find a way readily to export or output data from oracle db to e.g. Sybase.( In Sybase, there is a utility called bcp which is convenient to move(import/export) data across platforms by using Text / ASCII file format.)

Question:
on export -
- Any way to export/output oracle data into text/ASCII files? or,

hope can learn from expertise.
thanks,
jackling. Received on Sun Feb 25 2001 - 00:34:46 CST