Re: Oracle install - req. disk space confusion

From: Joe Fox <joefox_at_satx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 01:27:30 GMT

I thank you for your response. Let me clarify if I can:

I have a 6 Gig HD, all for solaris. When installing Solaris I created three slices:
/ with 5.2 Gig (I've used ~1 gig)
/export/home with .5 Gig
swap with .44 Gig

To install oracle I did a "mkdir" from the root directory and created /u01, /u02, one for the software, one for the database. So far as I can tell, those u0x directories are on a 4.3 gig slice since I created them under the root directory. (I am new to the whole filesystem concept, so if I'm waaaay off base in my understanding of slices, mounts, etc.... just tell me and I'll go learn a bit more before I trouble you further). But the oracle universal installer (at the component installation window) shows only 171 Meg showing for the '/' volume when "df -k" says different.

This is what "df -k" shows me from my "oracle" user account, if it helps. thanks again!!

Filesystem                        kbytes            used       avail
capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0d0s0           5240062          817273     4370389    16%    /
/dev/dsk/c0d0p0:boot       10484              1623            8861    16%
/boot
/proc                                         0                   0
0     0%    /proc
fd                                             0                    0
0     0%    /dev/fd
mnttab                                      0                    0
0     0%    /etc/mnttab
swap                              442376                     0
442376     0%    /var/run
swap                              442692                 316          442376
1%    /tmp
/dev/dsk/c0d0s7             514646                1130         462052     1%
/export/home
/export/home/oracle        514646                1130         462052     1%
/home/oracle