Re: Listener dies (Oracle 8.1.7 on AIX 4.3.2)

From: maxd64 <320088641703-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:11:55 +0100

Hi,
I know from a similiar problem with Oracle 8.1.7 and AIX 4.3.3. After stopping the listener, they were unable to restart the listener. What they later found was that another product (SNMP for ADSM from another system) catched the port immediately when the listener stops and a listener restart was unable to get its port.

maxd64