Re: what to do if one table is bad

From: Gollum <gollum_nospam_at_worldonline.dk>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 16:04:26 +0100

I can't tell if you are facing a real problem or if this is just an imaginary example. If you have a real problem then please let us know which errors you get from export.

If the table fails to be exported you will probably have some kind of corruption (signalled with ORA-1578 or certain ORA-600 errors). Assuming the corruption is in a block belonging to the table - query DBA_EXTENTS to verify - you can create a new table with data from the bad table excluding the bad block. To find out which data you have lost in the bad block you can dump the block and the index blocks related and through an analysis of primary keys (and some hard work) find out what you need to re-enter.

Of course if you have a valid backup of your system, this is the preferred approach to fixing a corrupted table!

HTH,
Gollum