Re: HELP ! ! ! temp tablespace

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 08:10:07 -0000

Another option is to increase the size of the redo log files dramatically to reduce the number of logswitches and checkpoints - although if you try Kyle's trick this may not make much difference.

(I think the extent-based checkpoint disappeared late in 7.3.4, Kyle, but I'm not sure about that; it certainly went by 8.0).

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases
Publishers:  Addison-Wesley

Reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html